I need a suggestion, a media streaming solution

SaleB

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I hope that I paced the question in a good place.

I have an analog receiver connected to a few analog componetes. I would like a streaming device, that I can connect to a dlna server on a computer (over wireless or wired, preferably wired connection) and stream audio files to an analog output. (to be connecte to an analog input on the receiver. I would like to be able to control it with an app on android phone/tablet.

I would use the device for audio only. For video I plan one of those andoid tv boxes, to be connected to hdmi, the analog audio would be looped back over Scart to the receiver.

I have found some devices Roku 1 and Pure Jongo A2, but the problem is that I find multiple good and multiple bad comments about the devices so I cannot realy get the feel for the devices, do they work correctly or not. My price range is 0-150Eur, so some high end DAC or known good Linn system would not be a solution for me.

Could you point me to some good devices or give an opinion on those two (Roku, Jongo)?

Ragerds,
SaleB

SaleB

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
In recent hours I have found a few other devices that are a little over my budget, but they may be worth the difference.

Sonos Connect

Denon DNP-F109

Denon DNP-720AE

What do you think about those?

Sonos looks like a fully polished product, on the other hand I deeply admire Denon as an old school brand, but their devices seem to have some problems and it seems that there is no android app for these devices, just an Apple one (unbeliveable)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts