I love my award-winning Technics system – but I miss the magic of hi-fi separates

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
I've mentioned before in the forums, how I and one of the directors at work lament over the death (in our shops anyway) of hi-fi. We used to sell Technics, Sony and Kenwood seperates. Now all our customers want is smart speakers and sound bars. Our director even got some of the technics SAC600 with the matching technics speakers and turntable, to try and market as "My first hifi". We haven't sold a single one yet. We've had them in the shops nearly a year.

Reactions: WayneKerr

manicm

I've mentioned before in the forums, how I and one of the directors at work lament over the death (in our shops anyway) of hi-fi. We used to sell Technics, Sony and Kenwood seperates. Now all our customers want is smart speakers and sound bars. Our director even got some of the technics SAC600 with the matching technics speakers and turntable, to try and market as "My first hifi". We haven't sold a single one yet. We've had them in the shops nearly a year.

Now that I've thought about it, it makes sense why your customers are not buying it. Since you stock mostly soundbars and smart speakers in your shops, your customers are seeing the Technics as traditional hifi and hence are avoiding it. Your director frankly should have done his homework properly.

Anything with passive speakers will be seen as traditional hifi, no matter how versatile the 600 may be.

Technics actually sells a similar system with built in speakers.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
I love the blissful ease of all-in-ones, but there’s something truly special about hi-fi separates

I love my award-winning Technics system – but I miss the magic of hi-fi separates : Read more

Now that I've thought about it, it makes sense why your customers are not buying it. Since you stock mostly soundbars and smart speakers in your shops, your customers are seeing the Technics as traditional hifi and hence are avoiding it. Your director frankly should have done his homework properly.

Anything with passive speakers will be seen as traditional hifi, no matter how versatile the 600 may be.

We bought the one with the built in speakers too. I don't know if we have managed to sell any of them. Our director tried to get the shops to upsell the SAC600 he even ran an advertisement in the local paper trying to get people to come in and listen. He told the shop managers "people will be blown away by the sound, especially if they only listen to smart speakers" . It's not just soundbars and smart speakers, we sell. Ruark are a good seller for us but again it's the convenience of a one box system with built in speakers.

Reactions: manicm

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site

As for the director doing his homework, why break the habit of a lifetime. The company has a history of knee jerk decisions 😉. When your a family run business and no one to answer too for your decision making except your brother and father, you can do what you want😂

Reactions: manicm

Winston

Dec 23, 2022
Visit site
Come on people if you like MUSIC you should 'nt use sound bars or all in one it's depreciating your music sense. An active speaker is okay. Same for streaming, music lovers like to have a records library, or tapes, but borrowing music is the worst way to enjoy music and you didn't have even a nice cover to enjoy and open slowly to discover a leaflet with lyrics or/and arts. It's an old dj who tell you so

Reactions: WayneKerr

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Come on people if you like MUSIC you should 'nt use sound bars or all in one it's depreciating your music sense. An active speaker is okay. Same for streaming, music lovers like to have a records library, or tapes, but borrowing music is the worst way to enjoy music and you didn't have even a nice cover to enjoy and open slowly to discover a leaflet with lyrics or/and arts. It's an old dj who tell you so
Unfortunately that's all our customers want. We used to sell proper hifi. There is still a real hifi shop 6miles from us. I suppose there is only enough of a market to keep that one shop going, as well as our 4 shops that no longer sell hifi I can think of 2 more that were within a 10 mile radius that no longer exist.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts