I have Sky HD , can someone explain to me what i need to do to get ITV HD ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know ITV HD isnt on the Sky HD Box , What would i need to buy so i can get this channel ? Also how would i go about connecting it all up ?

Would i have to connect the Sky Dish Box 2 Cables over to the Freesat ?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
ITV HD is Freesat-exclusive for the foreseeable future, so you'll need a Freesat HD box as well as your Sky box.

When you want to watch ITV HD, you'll need to connect up the Freesat HD box to one of the satellite feeds that comes into your Sky HD box.

This will leave you with only one tuner of your Sky HD box getting a feed, so beware of losing any dual recordings you had planned on that at the same time you're using the Freesat box.

When you're finished watching ITV HD, simply reconnect the satellite feed into the back of your Sky HD box. You may need to reset the box (unplug at mains, wait for a couple of minutes then reconnect) as it can get a bit huffy about losing one of its signals.

daveh75

likely that when sky fitted your hd they also fitted a quad lnb to your dish, so you should have two spare ports available on the lnb, so you could run a third feed to a freesat box, and save all the hassle of swapping cables over every time you wanted to watch itv hd

A

Anonymous

Great reply Clare, That's the answer i was after, perfect , im of to buy a Freesat ... as i want to watch some of the Champions League games in HD :)

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
As daveh says, you'll likely have a quad lnb, so why not run another feed from that? It's pretty straightforward, you can get the cables from B&Q and the likes.

Sky+ with one input is a royal pain. I thought it'd be fine, but it's pretty annoying. Just had a week of it (due to moving house) and that was enough. Even with trying to leave the box on the correct channel for the recording, we still lost about half our recordings for various reasons.

If one show finishes at 10, and the other starts at 10, you're knacked. You have to manually end one just before the other starts, and so on. And if you're sitting in front of the TV to do that there's no real point in having a recorder
emotion-1.gif

If you don't fancy running a cable yourself your local independent satellite chappy might be relatively cheap?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
jasonsony735:Great reply Clare, That's the answer i was after, perfect , im of to buy a Freesat ... as i want to watch some of the Champions League games in HD :)

Don't get your hopes up too much mate as not all games are in HD only usually the home games as I am yet to see any CL away games in HD even on Sky sports. Get to watch the home games in mega-real-o-vision as I am a season ticket holder at Chelsea. Hope JT dont slip up this year lol
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts