I have decided to put my TV and blu-Ray player on eBay!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Simply because I need the money. My ebay name is Kodak1234ship if you want to look them up.

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
Wow was never expecting that. Will let some of my friends know if they are interested.
Cheers buddy! *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

BenLaw said:
It may be impolite to ask, but what do you need the money for when this wasn't an issue as of, say, a week ago? And how will you watch films?
I plan on saving some money for a change, I have spent a fortune or gadgets and just think I can do this without it really affecting me. I have thought about a Sharp 60-inch LED for £800 or the Sony 8 series 55-inch or another LG. Blu-Ray player I am going to get a cheap Sony.

D

Deleted member 2457

jjbomber said:
Gel, you need to edit your listing to say if your DVD player is multi-region and whether it has the up to date software installed. I think it's version 1.73. It will help you to sell your item.
Cheers buddy, I am not sure whether it is multi-region or not? I think it probably is though. Yep, has the latest firmware installed.

Nothing wastes money more than buying and then selling them again. I don't think you'll get enough money for your blu ray player to buy a cheap Sony and still have some spare change.

Do you need to see a doctor gel? I've seen oniomania make people go bankrupt.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

spiny norman said:
There goes another house rule!

JobsWorth.jpeg

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Think you're probably right – they've almost all been broken now to various degrees, and with little or no response, to the extent that it hardly seems worth having them any more

Paul.

gel said:
jjbomber said:
gel said:
.... need the money...

I thought the government had given you a pay rise*biggrin*
That they did, just spent loads in the last 3 years though.

Hopefully I'm not making too many assumptions about you but I also used to have some issues with buying things. My business wasn't doing too well (amongst other **** I won't go in to), and when I was miserable I would go on chain reaction and buy bike parts. It got to a weird position where I had spent so much that I would feel guilt just looking at my bikes, so much so I wouldn't ride them very much at all. Same actually happened with photography but for different reasons.

In the end I sold up the lot. There was this one old battered Cannondale (a TT bike with hub gears, bit daft but quite loveable) I built it up from scraps and old parts and it was worth relatively little, but I sold it anyway, from guilt. The money I received was a drop in the water by comparison to the total I had spent. The irony was that the bike brought me so much joy to ride, selling it didn't make me happier. Everything else was still pretty ****, but I had removed one more avenue towards happiness. I regret selling it so much.

What I should have done was draw a line under it, ban my self from spending more, but acknowledge the act of buying was the daemon not the things them self.

If you need to sell the TV to pay the rent, do what you have to do. But if you are, like I did, selling it as reaction to something, please don't do it.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Paul. said:
Hopefully I'm not making too many assumptions about you but I also used to have some issues with buying things. My business wasn't doing too well (amongst other **** I won't go in to), and when I was miserable I would go on chain reaction and buy bike parts. It got to a weird position where I had spent so much that I would feel guilt just looking at my bikes, so much so I wouldn't ride them very much at all. Same actually happened with photography but for different reasons.

In the end I sold up the lot. There was this one old battered Cannondale (a TT bike with hub gears, bit daft but quite loveable) I built it up from scraps and old parts and it was worth relatively little, but I sold it anyway, from guilt. The money I received was a drop in the water by comparison to the total I had spent. The irony was that the bike brought me so much joy to ride, selling it didn't make me happier. Everything else was still pretty ****, but I had removed one more avenue towards happiness. I regret selling it so much.

What I should have done was draw a line under it, ban my self from spending more, but acknowledge the act of buying was the daemon not the things them self.

If you need to sell the TV to pay the rent, do what you have to do. But if you are, like I did, selling it as reaction to something, please don't do it.

Well said. That's very honest of you, and hopefully helpful to gel.

spiny norman said:
Think you're probably right – they've almost all been broken now to various degrees, and with little or no response, to the extent that it hardly seems worth having them any more

I had seen a thread where gel had "advertised" his Bose headphones which he listed on AV forums, but that thread disappeared soon.

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers guys I have decided to remove them off eBay, thanks for your advice and tips, in the end I decided it wasn't worth it. I did have one offer of £1450 but that was way too low. I am just going to keep my current setup for a long time and make really good use out of it. Cheers BB and Paul. Norman you're a ***, there is another one for your list. Just joking I really do like you, although I find you slightly odd. *smile*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

spiny norman said:

It was aimed at you, so I'm pleased you think I was right.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

gel said:
Cheers guys I have decided to remove them off eBay, thanks for your advice and tips, in the end I decided it wasn't worth it. I did have one offer of £1450 but that was way too low. I am just going to keep my current setup for a long time and make really good use out of it. Cheers BB and Paul. Norman you're a ***, there is another one for your list. Just joking I really do like you, although I find you slightly odd. *smile*

You have some great gear there gel, and your tv is plenty good enough for many years to come, so as long as you're not in financial trouble, keep them, and enjoy them.

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
gel said:

You have some great gear there gel, and your tv is plenty good enough for many years to come, so as long as you're not in financial trouble, keep them, and enjoy them.
Cheers mate, I appreciate it. *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
*good*

Please make a strong and continued effort to resist temptation to buy things you don't really need, and your financial situation will improve.

Seriously, stop looking for deals. *stop*
Will do. *smile*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts