I have a bit of a problem here..... what would you do/should I do.....?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Right this might read like a bit of an advert.... so if you are a mod then please consider what it is that I am actually asking before modding....

I am selling my Cambridge Audio DacMagic 2 on Ebay.... you know the one, not the modern one, the old one.

I have clear pictures of it up....

I have put up specifications of what it is.....

Nonetheless it has been bid up far in excess of what I think that it is worth.....

I can only conclude that people are bidding on it as though it were a modern DacMagic.... yet it looks nothing like it....

LINK REMOVED BY MODS for all the reasons you expected

Thing is, what do I do? It is not up to me to try and discern whether potential buyers are bidding on the 'correct' (from their point of view) item.... I do not want to start writing 'NOT THE MODERN DACMAGIC' in case I put the fear of Christ into everyone and they retract their bids.....

But I am sure that with 10 hours to go it should not be over £100....? Or maybe the fact I am willing to ship it abroad is making it worth that.... dunno.... what do you guys think?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I think if you've given an accurate description, including the model number and the year of the product (if known), then really it's up to the buyers to do some research to determine if it's what they actually want.

If it was a live auction and those criteria had been met then no buyer would have any recourse if the product "wasn't what they thought it was".

I notice you've offered a 5 day no questions asked return, can't really argue with that. I couldn't say whether the ad is misleading though as I don't know anything about the current Dacmagic to tell the difference.

matthewpiano

The images make it clear which model this is. As you say, it is the buyer's responsibility to ensure that they are buying what they want - not yours. Anybody who mistakes this for the moden version either hasn't looked at your listing properly or hasn't done any research on the DacMagic at all.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys... I mean I think that you can see what I am worried about and it is good to hear opinions which mirror my own.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
You have absolutely nothing to worry about. It's all part of ebay. I've sold on ebay for more than 10 years. People do odd things. I've seen items sell used for more than they cost brand new (and I'm not talking about a discontinued item). I'd be very surprised to see the winner complain.

I often see people paying too much for something that is being sold by multiple other sellers at the same time for less. Don't worry about it.

A

Anonymous

the last one went for £103 and theres another at around the same price so i wouldnt worry too much

they do have a bit of a following as they were designed by the pink triangle man

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Bod?

bod.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts