I found hifi again after some 25 years

TatuHoo

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi all!

I apologize the lamest subject ever! But, this is in real life. This very forum got me thinking last winter that is there atually differences between CD-players. So I read a lot and found out there indeed is. I tested the hypothesis by buying a Marantz CD6005 -player. And oh-oh-oh boy there was a huge difference. I got rid of my old, very old (like 25 years) Pioneer CD -player immediately.

Plot thickens. I continued wondering if stereo amplification would be the way to listen best the already so very albums I have. So I got my self a NAD 316CEE for a test. I was surprised very positively! I did not buy it, because my home theatre amp (Marantz 6007) had a decent stereo reproduction. Or that was how I thought at that point of time.

Two days ago I got myself a NAD 356 CEE for a test drive. I have till monday. I earlier this evening finished building a two-amps-one-speakers-setup and it is working, sorry the expression, bloody well, marvellous indeed.

Right this momen Van Halens 1984 is playing through the stereo amp and it is simply the first run I hear the album it was meant to be, only after some 30 years later! So great thing I never gave up searching & testing. My speakers are Dali Icon 6 Mk2 & 2 subs Jamo 660s. All connected & oh my!

Big thanks to everyone here in the forum! You have no idea how much happiness you brought to my life.

Music is the purest drug for your brain!

With gratitude, Tatu

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Welcome Tatu and I'm glad that you are getting so much pleasure from your system.

If you ever want encouraged to upgrade, you are in the right place...spending other people's money is our speciality. *wink*

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
CnoEvil said:
Welcome Tatu and I'm glad that you are getting so much pleasure from your system.

If you ever want encouraged to upgrade, you are in the right place...spending other people's money is our speciality. *wink*

Indid it is...*wink*

*diablo*

Kamikaze Bitter

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
The analogy between hifi and a drug is an interesting one. I read somewhere (Irving Welsh?), that heroin addicts are continually trying to recreate the rush of their very first fix and failing. Chasing an ideal which they never attain. Reminds me of the hifi upgrade spiral!

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Welcome back to the fold. I had 5 years off where I only had an iPod and an Onkyo mini system, but I've relapsed properly and managed to wedge three systems into a tiny apartment. Good isn't it.

delboy27

May 13, 2010
Visit site
hello

I would be interested to know how how you achieved the two amps one pair of speakers,is there some kind of switching system available or was it something you put together yourself.

boshk

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

SO TRUE!!

Enjoy the music Tatu

swerdna

Feb 12, 2009
Visit site
Yep, it's definitely great to listen to music on dedicated hi-fi . Just got rid of my home cinema set up that I've had for a few years and reverted back to "two channel" after hearing the mates Cyrus system.Soooo much better.

Quad 99 pre/CD/2x909 powers/Monitor Audio s6 speakers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts