I aint techy at all - so please dont laugh when I ask....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
how / where do the plug/s go to connect a subwoofer to an AV receiver ? Found the subwoofer socket on the amp - Onkyo TX-SR507 Have sockets labelled -2-ch input / 5-ch input with f/r/centre plus 5 speaker sockets, thats it!!

The speaker system is Hyundai HM-S5461 .

scene

The coaxial cable to the sub-woofer gets plugged into the purple co-ax socket labelled sub-woofer in the "Pre-Out" area

EDIT: Oops - you're talking about where you plug in to your Hyundai speakers aren't you...

EDIT2: OK - The Hyundai is an ACTIVE speaker 5.1 set - it can be run direct from the DVD player... I'm not sure you can run already amplified output from the Onkyo to it...

A

Anonymous

But you can't plug a car into an receiver !!!!
emotion-5.gif
Sorry couldn't resist...

nads

rosie123:
how / where do the plug/s go to connect a subwoofer to an AV receiver ? Found the subwoofer socket on the amp - Onkyo TX-SR507 Have sockets labelled -2-ch input / 5-ch input with f/r/centre plus 5 speaker sockets, thats it!!

The speaker system is Hyundai HM-S5461 .

you cant use them together as the Onk does not have any non amplified out puts for the separate channels.

new speakers or ...

As it says on the Hyundai infos Suitable for connection to DVD and PC systems

A

Anonymous

Rosie, jokes aside, I hope you weren't pursuaded to buy that setup as a complete package...the Onkyo amp is far superior to the speaker setup you have (which as has been pointed out is basically for a pc based system) and needs a good 5.1 speaker package...sorry that's the bad news...the good news is that there's loads out there for every budget and domestic preference, and the sound will blow you away...so enjoy the shopping and auditioning !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts