HTC OneX camera upgrade.

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi I upgraded from a DesireHD whose camera was excellent for my purposes to the one x and its rubbish camera. I was just wondering if anybody knew if there was a camera app in the play store that I could use instead that would bring the one x camera up to near the standard of the desire hd. One fiction I would like to retain though is the ability to snap a photo while capturing a video. This is handy for catching stuff in bad/no light so you can focus on an object.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kev.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Unlikely, as the cam on the One X is much better than that on the DHD. I have both too.

One suggestion. Turn off auto iso and set it to 100 for best quality. It gets very noisy at high ISOs. Of course then the shutter speed will be slower with more chance of blur, but I find high ISO is the biggest wrecker of quality. Also, play with exposure compensation settings depending on light etc.

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I will Give it a go as I do find the one x pics noisy. My main gripe is the auto focus on the desire hd I just touched the screen and what I wanted to snap would magically appear. However on the one x it doesn't. I have to capture small writing and diagrams like data plates on a/c units and ventilation fans and details off relays, overloads and contactors in electrical panels. The one x just doesn't seem to be able to focus on them.

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
The focus on the HTC One X can be a bit fussy. Try touching on different areas of the screen to force the auto focus to try again.

I've heard good things about the Pro HDR Camera app, so might be worth giving that a try.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
kevin7.1 said:
Thanks I will Give it a go as I do find the one x pics noisy. My main gripe is the auto focus on the desire hd I just touched the screen and what I wanted to snap would magically appear. However on the one x it doesn't. I have to capture small writing and diagrams like data plates on a/c units and ventilation fans and details off relays, overloads and contactors in electrical panels. The one x just doesn't seem to be able to focus on them.

Aha. Ok. I see what you are saying. Yes, I used to find autofocus a bit fussy. It seems fine now, but mine is rooted and running a custon ROM (Viper)

I have Camera Zoom FX too, and that seems to focus well.

If I were you I would trial a number of Photo Apps on the store, and find one that suits. Then add that to a folder on your home screen with the original one, which as you mention has the great feature of taking multiple shots whilst doing video.

Also, make sure you are updated to the latest version of your ROM.

Settings/About/Software updates. (assuming you are using stock rom)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts