HT upgrade advice please

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm considering my next upgrade for my home cinema speakers but have an awkward space to work with.

13390626794_5121359b4b_z.jpg

i have a Sony HT-IS100 http://www.whathifi.com/sony/ht-is100/review?oq=SoNY%20ht-&src="dropdown&aq=Sony%2C%20HT-IS100&type=review&pos=top"

you can just about see the satellites, black dot on door frame and another in front of 2 candles on fireplace.

For me this works really well as the satellites are just golf ball sized tweeters with the sub/mid and amp as a single unit with the positioning of the base unit important for the effect to work.

Having said that I'd like to upgrade for a better experience but need a wife friendly alternative but I would also need a separate amp.

my ideal solution (not so wife friendly) would be to complement my Monitor Audio Bronze BX6 with the centre and bxfx speakers but not sure if I could even fit the smaller bx speakers as they would need to be spread out with some sort of delay added to the amp outputs so that the sounds are right for the listening position.

to make matters more complicated would I need an AV amp to dive all my equipment including the hifi or a separate amp just for AV?

No-one bending my arm to get this done but would like some ideas as how to go next. Appreciate any opinions suggestions you may have.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
if you decide to add the bronze centre and bxfx rears to your existing bx6 speakers ( I know I have this setup but as yet no wife), this speaker package will also need a lot of space to work properly and to answer your second point, yes you would need a separate a/v amp to drive them.

*music2*

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Even if I were to use the BX6's I don't think I'd have room for them in the set up. Might need to think about a style speaker package but something with a bit more grunt than my existing set and I'll still need a new amp.

still leaves me thinking should I keep my stereo amp or would a decent AV amp do a good job for both stereo and surround?

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Even if I were to use the BX6's I don't think I'd have room for them in the set up. Might need to think about a style speaker package but something with a bit more grunt than my existing set and I'll still need a new amp.

still leaves me thinking should I keep my stereo amp or would a decent AV amp do a good job for both stereo and surround?

TRENDING THREADS