HP rig

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Still running the 700 Pro X in. A bit more on it later.

I have also ordered a Sennheiser HD58x Jubilee from Drop. This one is a bit of a blind buy. I have read a lot about the different 6 series phones, some conflicting, much in agreement. Originally my plan was to get a 6xx (650) but the 58x Jubilee seems to combine some aspects of the trio which appeals to me. It's also the least expensive though that was not the deciding factor, the difference being not much. It is 150 ohm rather than the 300 of the others, a bonus.

I'll know in a few weeks. It cost me £130 delivered to the UK plus any taxes.

It's all part of building an affordable headphone rig, with a couple or three phones which I like without going mad on it.

All going well (?) the Grado, Beyer and Sennheiser will make a fun trio at a total cost of less than what some Headfiers regard is the entry price to even a half decent headphone. Not for me.

I am considering to get a Chord Mojo 2, more as a Hifi DAC for my system but it seems a decent HP amplifier too. If anyone is using one feedback appreciated.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
20221231-125514.jpg

Last edited:

Friesiansam

All going well (?) the Grado, Beyer and Sennheiser will make a fun trio at a total cost of less than what some Headfiers regard is the entry price to even a half decent headphone. Not for me.
But, as a headphones only listener, I only have one box plus the headphones to buy. A moderate budget means I can go higher up the food chain, than would otherwise be the case.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts