How very true

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

hooflungdung

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
hold on, what's that noise........ oh it,s the sound of the final nail being hammered into the coffin of British humour.

Les Dawson would turn in his grave if there was room.

Any way i would'nt say my wife was ugly......... not to her face anyway.

this thread goes to prove that pub based witty banter does not cross over to web based fora/forums/forai or whatever it is. p.s that was humour(i hope).

we've got enough knobs on our equipment, let's not start behaving like them

cheers, mine's a large one

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with you on this hooflungdung.

Humour does not travel well on the WWW.

Dear Deidre is an agony aunt in a newspaper in the UK.... Maybe I should have used Dr Phil.

Awell.

hooflungdung said:
hold on, what's that noise........ oh it,s the sound of the final nail being hammered into the coffin of British humour.

this thread goes to prove that pub based witty banter does not cross over to web based fora/forums/forai or whatever it is. p.s that was humour(i hope).

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
hooflungdung said:

witty? I've got some bad news for you...

Oscar Wilde would be turning in his grave.

If all British humour has to offer is casual sexism and racism (in this case, your user name) then pass me the hammer.

Its all in a bit of fun says the member of the majority/privileged group.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
ID. said:
hooflungdung said:

witty? I've got some bad news for you...

Oscar Wilde would be turning in his grave.

If all British humour has to offer is casual sexism and racism (in this case, your user name) then pass me the hammer.

Its all in a bit of fun says the member of the majority/privileged group.

Where you at ID?

hooflungdung

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
blimey, i've been on this planet 47 years & it took someone who i have never met, based on a forum name, which in turn is based on a one liner penned ,i think by that great British racist Ronnie Barker, to label me a racist.

well it got me thinking, so i looked up the quotes of both Oscar Wilde & Les Dawson, to see which made me laugh most. Unfortunately for the future of the free world, Les won hands down.

Cheers, & mines still a large one

TRENDING THREADS