how to transport a gyrodec SE?

rrm

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I will be driving to pick up a used gyrodec SE and would prefer not to disassemble it before driving back. But I realise this could cause damage or upset the suspension. I am nervous about having to reset the table up as I have never done it. How much disassembly do I have to do to feel comfortable I wont cause any damage? Any tips would be welcome

rrm said:
I will be driving to pick up a used gyrodec SE and would prefer not to disassemble it before driving back. But I realise this could cause damage or upset the suspension. I am nervous about having to reset the table up as I have never done it. How much disassembly do I have to do to feel comfortable I wont cause any damage? Any tips would be welcome

Your only concern is to remove the platter itself and make sure that the tonearm itself is tied down to arm support, assuming you are getting it with a fitted tonearm. Also remove the drive belt.

They are pretty easy to transport as long as you don't apply further stress to the main bearing.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
I used to own a Gyrodeck and they are fairly straightforward to assemble, I would hope the seller has the original box, personally I would not transport it whole, if you live in London I can set it up for you but it really isn't hard.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts