How to stream music to Sony str-dn1040 with DLNA on music apps

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to stream music to my receiver with my new z5 premium and I am having no luck at all..I used airplay before but this is confusing. I can supposedly stream from sonys music app built in but I have nothing in there as the music is streamed. Apple music didn't work with it no option to stream and just downloaded Spotify same there can't do it. Is it not possible to stream over DLNA from streaming apps? Do I need to sell my receiver and get one with Bluetooth...

D

Deleted member 116933

nugget2014 said:
I'm trying to stream music to my receiver with my new z5 premium and I am having no luck at all..I used airplay before but this is confusing. I can supposedly stream from sonys music app built in but I have nothing in there as the music is streamed. Apple music didn't work with it no option to stream and just downloaded Spotify same there can't do it. Is it not possible to stream over DLNA from streaming apps? Do I need to sell my receiver and get one with Bluetooth...

This isn't a simple answer and i don't pretend to know everything about DLNA.

As far as i can tell you amp has a very simple implimentation of it. Network connection finds media and plays it.

Its not about swapping the amp for bluetooth model its about weather it can play sound from those app your trying to stream eg you need spotify connect enabled amp to stream spotfiy content.....

Personally I would purchase a sonos connect. Its comptiable with everything and and will stream from one intutive app on your phone or chosen i device. It would be cheaper than buying a new amp. Basically think of it as adding apple tv to a none smart tv. It makes it smart if not smarter just not built in.

here a link

http://www.johnlewis.com/sonos-connect-wireless-music-system/p230973910?sku=230973910&kpid=230973910&s_kenid=c5b72545-e0ed-414c-9af0-6554ab041e9f&s_kwcid=402x368946&tmad=c&tmcampid=73

TRENDING THREADS