How to replace arial on pure evoke radio

maycowan

May 30, 2024
Visit site
The arial connection on my pure evoke 1 radio is loose and I would like to replace it but I don't know how to dismantle the old one. Any suggestions please

DCarmi

It should just unscrew. The Evoke 1 uses a standard F-Type connector. The problem is the hex nut to unscrew it is recessed making it difficult to access. You can see the nut in this image.

1717081506189.png

Gray

Thank you for that but that's my problem. I can't unscrew it
You are trying to undo the plug aren't you?
It shouldn't be too tight - long nose pliers would do it.

Note that a chassis type 'F' socket often has a fixed, hex nut on the side you can see (with a securing nut on the other side of the panel).
Make sure you're not trying to undo the socket.

maycowan

May 30, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for replies. I think I've fixed the arial but now I'm having problems tuning it. I keep getting message " no stations available "
Thanks

Gray

Do you think a new arial would fix this
Measure the full length of the extended aerial.
Cut a thin piece of wire to the same length, bare back half an inch of the end and stick it in the central hole of the F socket.

That will act as an aerial to prove whether an aerial is all you need.

(Some very kind (but misguided) people once bought me a portable DAB radio as a leaving present - it 'worked' upstairs but not downstairs in my house.
Luckily they'd given me the receipt, so I got the money).

You need to know that your radio was working consistently well (where it's located), before blaming the aerial - unless you can see that it's detached from its plug.

Last edited:
Reactions: DougK1

maycowan

May 30, 2024
Visit site
I really appreciate all this advice but I'm a 74 year old lady who hasn't a clue. I can't even get the old arial off to try a new one. One thing though is it does work better in different places 🤔

Reactions: Gray

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
I really appreciate all this advice but I'm a 74 year old lady who hasn't a clue. I can't even get the old arial off to try a new one. One thing though is it does work better in different places 🤔
Are you in the UK, May? If so which county, there might be someone on here who would be willing to pop round and assist. Failing that do you have any retailers near you?

In various houses I’ve lived in, the DAB stations are stronger if the radio is upstairs and/or near a window. That may not be where you want it, but try as an experiment. If the stations tune in ok then everything is fine, and you simply need to try to find a better spot in your preferred room.

It is highly unlikely an aerial fails; it’s just a metal rod. Sometimes they come unscrewed. We have had several Pure radios are they’re very good, but I know the reception in our cottage isn’t great - it’s even sensitive to the weather conditions, really!

Reactions: Gray and DougK1

TRENDING THREADS