How to connect tv to surround sound dvd player

Sidthekid

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Apologies to everyone as I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times.

I have just bought a Samsung UE40D6530 tv and as the sound is not great on the new super slim tv's I thought I would connect my DVD surround sound to run the sound through. I have a Sky+ box connect to the tv via HDMI leads and the dvd surround sound connect to the tv via HDMI leads also (Panasonic SA-PT460) and thought it would be as simple as to set to AUX on the dvd, but alas no sound.

Could someone please help, many thanks.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The DVD surround sound thing probably doesn't support ARC, which is the only way you'd get audio from the TV to the DVD via HDMI. If the DVD surround has an optical input then you could connect the TVs optical output to that but you might be better off connecting the Sky+ optical output to the DVD player instead as that'll get you DD surround sound as and when Sky are broadcasting it (movie channels typically).

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Sidthekid

Having read the specifications of the 470, which seem from the info i can pick up is similar to the 460 & assuming it is (could not find exact specifications on the 460), it looks to me that you are going to have to run an optical cable from the Sky Optical Out to the Optical In on your DVD Surround & the HDMI from the Sky box to the tv.

Regards ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts