How to clean Hi-Fi

Nas88

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Hope all are keeping while during lockdown??

Need some advice on cleaning my speakers. Now it's not like I've never given them a quick wipe down when they get a little dust on them.

The problem I have is the front face of the speakers are a real pain to clean. The speakers are B&W 684 S1, and they have this soft rubberised material at the front.

Not sure who tried to clean them last as they've left a slight sticky/gluey texture to the side. It's an absolute pig to get off and now all the cat fur is stuck to it!

On another note, while we've got all this time indoors what else would you advise on cleaning hifi separates? Would you bother unscrewing and opening and use a handheld blower on components?

Also, I thought of cutting the speaker cables just around the ends to get rid of any possible oxidation?

Your thoughts would be welcome.

daytona600

contact cleaner
unplug leads & re-insert to clean contacts annually ( on main cables with power off )
speaker covers/stockings when not in use or get rid of the cat
clean fasia with this

Reactions: Al ears
Not too sure about your speakers but with other electronic items getting some contact cleaner, as previously stated, and some cans of compressed air might be a start.
Removing covers is generally unnecessary.
Your speaker wire re-termination is a good idea but depends on what sort of terminations you have on them at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS