How to burn in cables

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've recently bought an Atlas Equator IC and Atlas hyper 3 speaker cable and was wondering how to run the cables in while I am not there. With the IC,will I need to play the music through the speakers or could I just have the amplifier on mute and play a CD on repeat through the CDP? Does the amplifier even have to be on, or will an interconnect burn in with just the CDP running? Or maybe headphones plugged in?

As for burning in speaker cable, does the music have to be coming through the speakers? Will the cable burn in if the speaker cable is disconnected? Also, will the volume on the amp affect how quickly and effectively a speaker cable burns in or does it not matter?

Any thoughts appreciated!

A

Anonymous

10 minutes under the grill, turning halfway through should do it.

As Gordon Ramsey says "If it's brown its cooked, if it's black it's overdone"!

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
To do both i/c and speaker cables at once reverse the polarity on one speaker and place them face to face and leave a cd on repeat at a decent volume. A quilt over the speakers can help with neighbour type issues re noise.

A

Anonymous

andrewknight:To do both i/c and speaker cables at once reverse the polarity on one speaker and place them face to face and leave a cd on repeat at a decent volume. A quilt over the speakers can help with neighbour type issues re noise.that system is usually used to run in speakers

just play music as you usually would and dont worry about it

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
For effective burn-in you must play Black Lace at ear-spliting volume while you're out xmas shopping all day. This will burn in your cables nicely AND get rid of your neighbours to boot.

Don Jr

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Just enjoy the music and it will happen on its own. I certainly wouldn't grill it, as it shortens the life of the insulation. At most pan searing in olive oil with a pinch of sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Here in the U.S. we sometimes hit it with a dab of hot sauce, but that's mostly in the mid to southwest.

T

the record spot

I'm more in one-off's camp than anything. Hook 'em up, switch the gear on. Sit back or potter around and it;ll happen in minutes. Esp cable - negligible burn in.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi, to answer your question regarding the speaker cable I would say the speakers need to be connected and music played at an appreciable volume which will drive current through the cable (sorry, not very scientific) which should have the desired effect. As for the I/C, I think you'd probably need your amp on, but not necessarily providing an output to the speakers. There are dealers who will relieve you of plenty of your hard earned to carry this out for you, if you want. Personally I'd sit back, relax, and listen to the sound evolve. Enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts