How much for a projector screen?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm going to be in the market soon for a projector and screen. I'm having trouble finding much info on screens (price and where to buy - I'm in Dublin).

So, how much can I expect to pay for a good quality fixed screen (not roll-down) of about 100in? It won't need to be acoustically transparent. The room should be totally dark when it's in use, so I guess it won't need to have a high gain either. I'm thinking probably 16:9, and I'm not looking for anything fancy like motorised borders etc.

What kind of outlets are best for buying these screens? Do I need to find a home cinema installer, or should I source it online maybe?

Thanks for any help!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi matey,

I made plans for a projector, a year or so ago, but temporarily shelved them. I'd done all the looking about and sourcing for screens. Amazon did the best deal by far. Let me just *** off and see if they still do 'em:

Yep, still do 'em. I was going to have the 120" remote control, motorised screen which is, unbelievably, £150. HERE

If you want a little smaller, the 92" version of the same screen is £90. HERE

EDIT: I misread your post. you want a fixed screen. Soz, can't help you there.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
What projector do you have as that will influence the quality required. Everybody has a different idea of "Good Quality" but we tend to recommend fixed frame screens from roughly £400 to £3500.

If you just need a screen then you should manage to install it yourself but a local dealer will probably take that hassle away for you.

A

Anonymous

Don't have the projector yet. It will probably be something in the range of the Panasonic PT-AE4000, or maybe their 5000 or whatever they update it to this year (my purchase is likely to be sometime in the autumn - renovating the house, and it'll be a while before the room is ready).

Looking at something like the Da-Lite Cinema Contour. It looks nice, but I'm hoping to spend €400-€500 (£350-£440) at the most, and I have a feeling something like that might be way out of range. It seems difficult to get sources for prices though, even with this whole internet thing in front of me!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts