How much does the Sennheiser HD 518 leak?

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
The HD 518 leak quite a lot, due to being open backed. If you are in a room alone with the door closed it won't be a problem to other people in the house. If they are in the same room as you, then they will quite clearly hear what you are listening to.

How much are you paying for the HD 518?

bender01

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
MeanandGreen said:
If you are in a room alone with the door closed it won't be a problem to other people in the house.

What if it's night and other people are sleeping in the other rooms but my door is closed (always with slightly high volume)?

MeanandGreen said:

89 € ( = 109 USD).

Otherwise I would have to pick the HD 439 which are 68 € (= 83 USD).

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
bender01 said:
MeanandGreen said:
If you are in a room alone with the door closed it won't be a problem to other people in the house.

What if it's night and other people are sleeping in the other rooms but my door is closed (always with slightly high volume)?

MeanandGreen said:

89 € ( = 109 USD).

Otherwise I would have to pick the HD 439 which are 68 € (= 83 USD).

I worked in an office and my boss was bothered by my HD600 sounds even though he was in the next room with the door closed. That's daytime in an office with people-noise, so at night at home it would likely be a bigger problem.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've used the HD 518 and other open backed Sennheiser HD models at night with other people in the house for years. It isn't an issue to that extent. Once people are nodding off, you aren't going to wake them up. If you manage that, then you'd have to be listening to stupidly high volume levels.

Even if you were listening at crazy levels I doubt you'd wake anyone up unless they were in the same room.

TRENDING THREADS