How Much Difference CD Player

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
How much difference does the CD player make ? I have £1000 DC6T Speakers, using a Denon 2808 amp, however I only have a £200 entry level Denon CDplyer.... Will I notice a great deal of difference if i speant 500 on a cd player. Also what kind of CD quality would I get through a sony BDP350 Blue ray ?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Depends which way you want to go really. If you are going to keep your 2ch stuff in the same room as the AV equipment then possibly buying a decent DAC and using your BR as a transport would be good.

If you would like seperate systems then yes the better quality the source the better sound at the end. For that sort of cash I would suggest the Rega Apollo is worth an audition.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
umbucker:
How much difference does the CD player make ? I have £1000 DC6T Speakers, using a Denon 2808 amp, however I only have a £200 entry level Denon CDplyer.... Will I notice a great deal of difference if i speant 500 on a cd player. Also what kind of CD quality would I get through a sony BDP350 Blue ray ?

Put it this way, your Denon cd player would sound great with those speakers and a £500 stereo amp but a £500 cd player with your 2808, not so great. You will notice a massive difference by getting a decent stereo amp, your cd player will be ok. I had the DCD700AE and it was very good.

I've just noticed your other question. I have the Sony S550 and I have it connected to my DacMagic - it sounds very good and would be better than your £200 cd player. I don't use mine for cds anymore as all my music is from my pc to DAC but the odd time I've tried it with the BD player, it sounded good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts