How much better ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a Kuro 428 plasma which is obviously an eigth generation PDP from Pioneer, but not the last, and as some quite rightly state, the best ninth generation.

I have always been blown away with my displays pq, but kicked myself on many occasion for not waiting and getting the bigger / better 5090 (who knew it would come out so soon after mine).

Now we have moved the main room around and sit a little further away (3.5m), I get very annoyed whilst watching BluRays / DVD's with the actual picture size not filling my 16:9 display. Black bars make the picture more the size of a 37" display so I am toying with purchasing a 50" display so at least I get a 42"+ size picture. Normal TV is fine, it is just movie nights that annoy even more now.

My question is -

How much better than my screen is the new panasonic V20. As some say it is comparable to the 5090 pioneer does that mean it ought to blow mine away. I know this time to wait and I have decided the crunch time will be xmas as this will allow for other contenders to appear for my demo short list and also allow some time for any (or none) black issues to be highlighted ref the V20.

Any advice or thoughts welcomed as always.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
soulton:

How much better than my screen is the new panasonic V20. As some say it is comparable to the 5090 pioneer does that mean it ought to blow mine away. I know this time to wait and I have decided the crunch time will be xmas as this will allow for other contenders to appear for my demo short list and also allow some time for any (or none) black issues to be highlighted ref the V20.

Any advice or thoughts welcomed as always.

Honestly I don't think you will see a major improvement.

Don't get me wrong, Panasonic V20 is an excellent TV, but so is the Pioneer Kuro 428. Some people still consider this the best 42 inch screen ever made, and it is not far behind the LX5090.

If you need a bigger screen I would advise you to go for either Panasonic V20 og VT20. If you 'just' like to get a better TV I would hold the horses for one more year.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the comments TKratz.

Waiting till at least xmas then does seem the best idea. Usually the big names release autumnal models that may be worthy of a look and listen.

They say that patience is a virtue
emotion-40.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts