How Many Systems and Where Are They?

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Just out of curiosity and I am only thinking Hi-fi set-ups here....but how many systems do people run in their house and how many people have dedicated listening rooms or rooms where the hi-fi is, say seperate to the TV.

Having spent a lot of time on my own my hifi has always been set up in the same room as the TV and I use one or the other. However having recently moved in with my partner the Hi-fi (due to space and having a suround sound system) has been relegated to the dining room....not ideal for prolonged listening sessions.

Long term aim for myself is to have a fairly high end set-up in a dedicated listening room where I can shut myself away and enjoy my music away from other people.

What does everyoe else do?

A

Anonymous

This happened to me, but i managed to get the music in the front room as i'm not bothered about surround sound and all that AV business.

It is on quietly while she is in the house, then, when she is out, I get the mates round and give it some beans!

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
I am lucky enough to have a dedicated room for my main hifi system together with my musical instruments (drums and guitar). I do have a second system rigged up alongside the home cinema system in the main TV hall. For dining room, I am using a tivoli audio system.

John Duncan

El Hefe:the main TV hall

oooOOOooo

cinema.jpg

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Four "systems"

1: Living room - AV setup

2: Listening room - HIFI

3: Computer room - USB - Beresford Caiman - Headphones

4: Bedroom- Sonos S5