How could I do this?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I posted a thread asking about connecting my sub to the Aktimate Maxis. Th next query is once again regarding connections.

I would like to know if it is possible to have the sound from all of the below through the Maxis

-Television

-Xbox 360

-DVD/Bluray player

-Sky+ box

I know the Maxis have two RCA inputs, so does that mean I could only have two of the above connected to them?

Would I end up having to keep switching the connections depending on what I wanted to listen to/play?

Hope all that makes sense

Thanks in advance for any input

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
No pre amp required.

Not sure what TV you have but if it has an output for audio connect all to the TV (as usual) connect the audio out from TV to Maxi auxiliary input.

If you don't have RCA audio out from the TV it is possible to use other outputs i.e scart for audio you will though need a converter, something to RCA.

If you have no audio out from the TV then connect separately but only 2 at a time.

Once connected select Aux 1 or 2 on the remote turn it up and voi la you have audio.

A

Anonymous

Thanks shooter69,

That sounds very promising. I haven't bought the TV yet but will most likely be either the Sony KDL40/37/32EX503. Would your suggestion work with these sets?

Thanks again

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Both the TV's you have mentioned have a Digital Audio Output (optical). You can connect this to a Lindy SPDIF Digital to Analogue Stereo Audio Converter then RCA's to Maxi auxiliary 1 or 2.

You can by optical and RCA cables at varying lengths so no problems with distances, but i would keep it as short as possible for optimum audio.

Messiah

I am assuming you are getting rid of the CD player??

I would connect the Xbox and Sky+ to the TV and then connect the TV to one input of the speakers.

I would connect the BD player to the TV but also directly to the Maxis so that you can then play CDs without the need for the TV to be on to pass the sound through.

Alternatively i(f funds allow at somepoint) you could get a Beresford DAC which would give you extra inputs and a headphone amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts