How can a smaller subwoofer have a bigger frecuency range

Hello
I am between two subwoofers, an elac debut s10 and a presonus temblor t8.

What I dont understand is how the smaller t8 can have a bigger frecuency range:

Presonus: 30Hz – 200Hz

Elac: 35 to 150 Hz

[font="Lato, Open Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]They cost basically the same on my country. wich one of those you recommend?[/font]

[font="Lato, Open Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]It will be paired with 2 presonus eris 44.[/font]

[font="Lato, Open Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]IF somebody could explain to me the rest of the specs and functions to consider them I would HIGHLY APPRECIATE IT.
It will be used for Music and movies.
Thank you very much.[/font]

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
A smaller sub can be more useful over a wider frequency range, it's not necessarily bigger "better" subs that will give you this. It's all down to what the designer wanted out of the sub. Some subs are great up to about 80-100Hz, and tail off rapidly above that as they presume end users will only be using crossover points of below 100Hz with small speakers, but I've heard systems where 150Hz to 200Hz may be needed, particularly to get much higher output from very small speakers.

Having said that, I wouldn't put too much trust in quoted specifications, as some subs that claim a wide frequency range can sound a little "one note", almost like a car sub, whereas others genuinely sound like they cover a worthwhile frequency range. Only listening will tell you this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts