Hopless hifi/turntable beginner - help wanted

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Fancy_Man

May 16, 2013
Visit site
BigH said:
You can put it into any socket on the back of amp apart from the phono and it should work fine, thats what I did.

Excellent :)

BigH said:
You must demo don't be afraid, just go for it but don't buy anything unless you are sure best to think it over and have a second demo than buy the wrong things. Richer Sounds have an exchange policy so you can change stuff which is fine if they have something you want. I would try Marantz/Denon and the Arcam A18 if they have one. Book a demo room for one hour and see how it goes.

OK, maybe I will? What's the worst that could happen? Thanks! :cheers:

Fancy_Man

May 16, 2013
Visit site
They have a couple of DSP-AX620's listed, which I assume are the same thing? :D I also see a SONY TA-F4A which looks pretty swish.

But this way madness lies. I'm wary of buying second hand and ending up with something broken, or soon-to-be broken.

Fancy_Man

May 16, 2013
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Pro-ject or s/h Rega P2 would be my choice of turntable.

The three I can afford and like the look of are the Pro-Ject Debut S/E3/Pro-Ject Debut Carbon/Rega RP1.

Leaning towards the Debut S/E3 because of price + ability to modify so that it plays 78rpm. Good/terrible idea?

John Duncan

Fancy_Man said:
John Duncan said:
Pro-ject or s/h Rega P2 would be my choice of turntable.

The three I can afford and like the look of are the Pro-Ject Debut S/E3/Pro-Ject Debut Carbon/Rega RP1.

Leaning towards the Debut S/E3 because of price + ability to modify so that it plays 78rpm. Good/terrible idea?

All of those are good ideas. I might go for the Carbon myself (have had Pro-ject in the past) but whatever you like the look of tbh.

A

Anonymous

Fancy_Man said:
Now I'm stuck on ebay :(

Would it be weird to buy a £50 amp from the 70s and team it with a £200 turntable from today?

Nope, could be very good

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts