Hopefully someone can answer atleast one of my questions :-)...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Right, I have recently purchased a new HiFi system consisting of... a NAD 326BEE amp, a NAD 545BEE CD player, a set of B&W 685 Speakers and a Arcam R-Dock. My question is what wire(s) will I need to connect it to my Panasonic TX 32LZD81 TV and do you have any suggestions for a reasonably priced good cable?

Secondary question to anyone willing to answer. Will playing my iPod through this system have a better sound than playing it through a purpose built iPod player and is there much difference in sound quality between Apple Lossless through my iPod and playing the actual CD on this system? (I haven’t received the system yet and havent listened to the r-dock in the shop to compare)

Many thanks for any answers…I’m new to the world of great audio!!!

HI

I can only answer the first question with confidence. Do you own a dvd player? if so you can purchase a set of interconnects, depending on your budget and preference. I would start looking at Chord, they will match well with the Nad. I would personally stretch my budget to around £60/£70 mark which will add more transparancy to a fairly rich sounding amp.

Alternatively, you could plug directly into the tv, again depending on what the connections are.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response.

I use my PS3 as the DVD/Blu-ray player. Do you know if interconnects will work with this?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The Panny 32LZD81 has RCA phono outputs so you can hook this up direct to your amp with a standard RCA phono cable:

rca-cable.jpg

On the iPod question, that entirely depends on the iPod player you're using it with. However, you'd have to spend quite a bit of money on it for it to sound better than your hi-fi. There will be a difference in sound quality between the Apple Lossless files on your iPod and the CD player as each will be using a different DAC when sending to the amp - I'd very surprised if your NAD CD player wasn't superior.

EDIT - you can also hook your PS3 into your hi-fi - see this post on how.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
27Greg:Thanks for the response.

I use my PS3 as the DVD/Blu-ray player. Do you know if interconnects will work with this?

It has analogue audio outs, but IIRC they're on a dedicated connector, and a modular cable is used.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts