hooking up NAD D 3020 amp to Marantz CD6005

monkeymatti85

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
hi there i recently brought a new NAD D 3020 amp and Marantz CD6005 cd players

everything is working well when connected with the 2 phono cables , i have been trying to connect them with a TOSLINK optical cable

but i am getting no sound from the speakers , i was wondering if these 2 items are able to be connected by optical cable or if if i am doing something wrong

thanks

monkeymatti85

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the reply

yeah i have tried selecting optical 1 which the cable is connected to on amp, but no luck

works with the other audio cables when i change to aux 1 setting , trying to get connected with optical so can also connect record player upto it

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If you have selected the optical input on the input selector of the amp and the optical lead is definitley connected correctly and not damaged (no sharp bends, or kinks) then you have a fault.

rainsoothe

hi - why would you wanna use the digital out of the marantz in the first place? You do realise that basically, if you use a digital connection between the two, you'll just bet using the NAD's dac and the Marantz will only be spinning discs - which might as well be a cheap DVD player with a digital out, or a laptop, or whatever. I mean sure, go ahead, if it's for experimentation or you don't like how the Marantz sounds, then it's ok. Otherwise, just use RCA cables from the Marantz, or sell it and get a cheap DVD player with digital outs :p

camcroft

Good point. My marantz receiver / amp ( not home cinema ) hasnt got digital inputs I have got a Marantz cd player which I dont really use anymore because I stream most of my music from the Mac to a Crystal Blu-dac reciever which as the name suggests it has a built in Dac and I find that it sounds good the only problem is with the Mac is it hasnt got a built in disc player so if I did want to play a disc then I would use the cd player which is connected with phono interconnects.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

It should work. I have never used the cd player so check to see if there is provision to turn the digital outputs on or off.

If you have a spare cable try the digital co-ax connection or even optical 2 if you have the adaptor.

Try both these and report back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts