hooking up active subwoofer

harrisonp

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to connect my active subwoofer to my valve amp?

The amp is a Jolida SL 302A valve amp having 4 inputs, but no line out or any outputs.

Is there a switch box with a line output that could be used as a interface?

The system consists of:

Tapco SW 10 active sub woofer, KEF IQ 50 passive Floorstanders, Project Genie 3 Phono, WD hard drive with WD muilt interface, Panasonic DVD / Cd, Samsung LCD flat screen tv, DAB acoustic solutions tuner.

Thanks

harrisonp

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for your time and effort.

I tried the only method of hook up I could think of yesterday, what are your thoughts on the following please.

I took one of the outputs from the equipment, in this case it was the CD player and fed it to the RCA i/p of the sub, then took the output of the sub (it does have rca output) back to the amp.

This seems to work but the signal is somewhat attenuated, there doesn't seem any real loss in quality.

Thats what made me think of using some type of phone switching box to get all the other equipment through the sub without switching connecting leads over.

What do you think? or should I forget the sub and upgrade the kef floorstanders for floorstanders that deliver more bottom end.

If so could you recommend any speakers to upgrade to. Budget around £450.00 to £500.00 plus sub to sell on ebay. (the sub is 9 months old)

I love the amp so do not wish to upgrade just yet.

many thanks

Phil h

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts