Home cinema advice for a Pioneer 428XD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Advice please! I own a Pioneer 428XD and want to build a home cinema system. I am considering the following items:

Yamaha RX-V1900

Pioneer BDP-LX71

KEF KHT3005SE

If this represents the limit of my budget, have I got the balance between the three components right? Os should I buy eg a cheaper amp and more expensive speakers?

Many thanks.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
This is really the one of hardest questions in home cinema, how much budget to split between the amp and the speakers. At lower budgets, it's easier as, generally, it makes more sense to spend more on the speakers (given you need five!), but I had the same issue. In the end, the amp and speakers weren't far off each other in price (speakers were slightly more, though without the sub).
At the end of the day, you must listen to the package and decide from there. Talk to a dealer, he may well have recommendations which suit you better - mine certainly did and i went with him in the end. Remember you're the boss of course and what you think is right is right, not what he thinks, but have a listen. If you don't like their recommendations, say so (politely of course). It's always worth a try though.
But in terms of whether this is a good home cinema system, it bloody well should be! In terms of whether it's the perfect one for you, only you can tell that.

nads

Answered here http://whathifi.com/forums/t/164125.aspx Prof
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS