high-end stereo hifi system for classical music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am a classical music listener and would like to get a high-end stereo hifi system to play my classical music cds. The classical music that I usually listen to mainly consists of big orchestral works such as those by Mahler, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov and Shostakovich.

Need help in getting one for my music room.

Any suggestions and recommendations?

Thanks so much.

Caden

A

Anonymous

How much can you spend? How big is your room? Do you have any hi fi kit at all yet?

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Last wednesday I took delivery of some Epos M22i floorstanding speakers to go with my Creek Destiny amplification and CD player and Creek Evo tuner.

This system is probably considered to be at the low end of high end, but even so you're probably talking around £5K including cabling.

So far I've listened to the Shostakovich Jazz suites on it and some Rachmaninov/Chopin Piano and soprano arias. Threw in some Tom Waits piano Jazz and vocal to.

Detail, presence, and sound staging is amazing, and is exactly the sound I've been wanting. The sound is more alive than with my Spendor S5E's in this particular system.

Clearly I'm going to be a little bit biased when offering this recommendation as I've just spent my own money on it, but I reckon it's worth some time and effort for you to audition. Hope this helps. Good luck and have fun at the hi-fi shops in the coming weeks.

Best Regards,

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts