HIGH END sound under 200 £??????????

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I read the NAD C515BEE cd player review in last WHAT HIFI with this title.. I think this cd player has not high end soud. What is your experience with this player? I think this player was hiperpraised in this review . What is '' HIGH END sound '' for you? How far is high end sound from hifi or audiophile sound? The high end is more real, more musical? Thank you for reply

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Everything we review is comparative, on a performance-per-pound basis. Therefore the NAD was praised for sounding far better than most sub-£200 players - hence the five-star rating.

Yes, you can buy better sound, but you'd need to pay (percentage-wise) a lot more money. Budget separates like this excellent NAD allow you to build a sub-£500 system that will seriously outperform a one-box system for the same money, showing true hi-fi traits - good timing, dynamics, detail etc - instead of a style-based compromise.

Such strong starter separates, of course, also offer an upgrade path should people get hooked on the joy of ever-better hi-fi (and more crucially an ever-better musical experience).

I detest the idea that somehow if people can't afford "audiophile" products than they just shouldn't bother. There's always a best option, whatever your budget, and that's what we're here to help anyone towards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts