Hifi on an Irish budget

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hey to all... saving hard at the moment and hoping to upgrade from my sony MHC W550 to some real hardware! iam thinking for goin to richer sounds in Belfast for some test drives. iam swinging towards the Cambridge Audio 640 series but iam undecided about speakers to suite. i have up to 2 grand in euro to spend hopefully! Richers sounds suggested over the phone Mointor bronze or silver floorstanders? i have never heard them... any good? any other suggerstions?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Big difference in price there - the RS6s are a cool £250 more than the BR5s.

I reckon the BR5s could sound good, but would recommend stretching to the RS6s if possible. Alternatively, how about a floorstander like the MS-Mezzos or B&W 685s - all very good speakers.

How much budget do you have? We might be able to recommend a full system...

John Duncan

They are good, but I'm not sure they suit the Cambridge electronics so well - I love the 640c but found the CA amp a bit....energetic, which could get a bit tiring with the Monitor Audio's metal tweeters. With a two grand Euro budget though, I might be a bit more ambitious - Richer do the 840 player and amp combo for 1500 quid (?1944) and throw in free speakers (KEF IQ5s last time I looked).

A

Anonymous

thanks for the quick reply! i have a budget of up to 2000 euro... shopping hopefull in january, looking at the mezzo 6 online... looks like a fantastic speaker!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts