Hi-Fi Upgrades

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
OK following on from my thread last week.....

Current Setup.....Yamaha DSP A5 AV Amp, Phillips CD624 CD Player and Castle Richmond Speakers on Atacama 6 Stands, Sonic Link speaker cable.

I have shortlisted the following Amp and CD Players for Demo...........Cyrus 8vS Amp and CD6Se Player, Roksan Kandy LIII Amp and Player and also want to listen to the Kandy amp and Cyrus Player together.

I was just wondering, If I upgraded my CD player would I hear a vast improvement over my 14 year Phillips through my AV amp??

If I upgraded my Amp and CD, would this upgrade be wasted if I kept my Castle Richmond Speakers for a while??

If I decided to go the whole shebang what stand mount speakers would you recommend with eiether of these setups??

Just trying to work out the most cost effective and productive way of upgrading?

Thanks Guys

Jay

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Depending on your speaker budget and/or size of room, Rega R3's or R5s.

(I would personally go for R5's with the equipment you are proposing.)

Now would be a good time - with a new Rega RS speaker announcement imminent - the R3 & R5 prices may be very favourable for a while.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Ideally I am looking for Stand mount speakers, Space and size of the room are likely to be a restricting factor unfortunately.

will probably try the kit with my Castle's in the first instance and look to upgrade at a later date.

TRENDING THREADS