Hi-Fi for my parents

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello there [:)]

I have a pair of Dali Lektor 1's that I don't use and would like to get a cd-player + amp to go with them for my parents.

Right now they are listening to music on my old Sony ghettoblaster. (Well, I listen to it everyday also, because we always listen to music while we are having dinner).

I live in Denmark, and the second-hand market isn't nearly as big as in England, (we don't have eBay or amazon), but we do have something called "Den blå avis" (The blue paper) were people can sell all kinds of used stuff) and there I have managed to find some old Arcam gear:

Arcam Alpha One cd-player (£ 67,72), Arcam Alpha 7 cd-player (£ 56,43) and Arcam Alpha 6 amplifier (£ 135,43).

Which cd-player is best, and do you think the Arcam gear will work well with the Dali Lektor 1?

By the way, my mom likes to listen to Billie Holiday, Dean Martin, Vera Lynn, Edith Piaf and so on. My dad likes to listen to Bob Dylan, Donovan, Johnny Cash, Grateful Dead, Agnes Obel and so on.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Do they specifically want separates?

If your folks are like my folks, the sound quality, although still important, takes a back seat to aesthetics & ease of use.

What about a micro system?

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, can't have that
emotion-4.gif
I really want for them to have something a little more above average than a good micro-system

Also, my dad once had a pretty neat system (some 30 years ago) so he can appreciate what a separate system can do.

A

Anonymous

The Arcam Alpha 6 amp was a great amp (my first ever as well). Mines still in the loft and comes out every so often to get used in the dining room etc with an old pair of AE109's and an Alpha 5 CDP

The Arcam Alpha 6 and Arcam Alpha 7 CDP combo would deffo get my vote with the Dali speakers; will make for a great sound IMO
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS