Hi-fi fans assemble! The price of this award-winning Marantz stereo amp has crashed

Stevy68

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
Well worth the money. I have had one now for two months and enjoying every bit of this amp, even the in built Dac. I usually add an external Dac but in this case I might only do that on a very special occasion as Marantz have done a fine job here. Build quality is great, nice finish too. I pretty much never touch the tone controls and leave this in source direct with this amp. I use a HP Prodesk 400 G6 SFF fitted with a Creative Audigy FXV2/DBPro soundcard as my main streaming source using a Chord Clearway X 3.5mm to twin RCA straight into the PM6007 with MCRU-Furutech/Belden power cord. That signal runs from the amp via a pair of 3m Rocket 11 cables into a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 200 floorstanders and boy, it sounds good, very good! The cables allowing every detail with clarity out of the machine and that soundcard/software rocks, especially for the price! I have a sub too but in truth hardly use it with the Monitor Audio B200s and those comments regarding a lack lustre bass from this amp are very much ill founded or from an equipment mismatch, there is plenty here with the PM6007. I think I have matched my components well, even if I do say so myself. Very pleased with the Marantz PM6007.

Last edited:

Stevy68

Oct 25, 2022
Visit site
It's almost, no is in the important bits identical to the Denon 600hne. Make what you will of that of course.
I found the Marantz PM6007 to sound very different to the 600ne from Denon regardless of whatever similarities they may or may not have inwardly. I like them both for different reasons. I usually go for Denon but on this occasion preferred the Marantz.

TRENDING THREADS