Help with selecting audio equipment

omfggrenade

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I am not in any way an expert on home audio, I know a little bit here and there but researching on which equipment is good and if it has the features I want is proving to be quite difficult, so I came here to ask for guidance. I inherited my parents' old stereo system on account of the fact that they just don't use it anymore and I basically had it on everyday. I liked the sound quality and the equipment was built solid but unexpectedly one piece of equipment died. Here is a little bit of information on my previous setup:

Kenwood KRX-693 (Couldn't find a better picture. The one I have comprises of the 3 bottom most components. The bottom most is a cassette player, above that an amplifier then above that a radio.)

Kenwood "3 Way Speaker System" (That's the most I can identify on these speakers. The one in the photo is missing the mesh covering the cones.)

I cannot listen to anything on this setup anymore and it saddens me. The amplifier and speakers still work, I can confirm that, but the receiver refuses to read any CDs that I give it. Can anybody help me and recommend some quality receivers that will work with my other equipment? Is the amplifier and speakers worth keeping? If not, I can spend up to AU$500 but I would rather work with the equipment that I already have as it is not broken and works fine. If you please, what I would like the new receiver to have:

Play CDs

EQ (If the KRX-693 absolutely needs to go)

Auxillary input (I would like this, but it's not essential)

I thank you for your time and consideration and any advice given would be appreciated greatly! *biggrin*

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
omfggrenade said:
Hi all,

I am not in any way an expert on home audio, I know a little bit here and there but researching on which equipment is good and if it has the features I want is proving to be quite difficult, so I came here to ask for guidance. I inherited my parents' old stereo system on account of the fact that they just don't use it anymore and I basically had it on everyday. I liked the sound quality and the equipment was built solid but unexpectedly one piece of equipment died. Here is a little bit of information on my previous setup:

Kenwood KRX-693 (Couldn't find a better picture. The one I have comprises of the 3 bottom most components. The bottom most is a cassette player, above that an amplifier then above that a radio.)

Kenwood "3 Way Speaker System" (That's the most I can identify on these speakers. The one in the photo is missing the mesh covering the cones.)

I cannot listen to anything on this setup anymore and it saddens me. The amplifier and speakers still work, I can confirm that, but the receiver refuses to read any CDs that I give it. Can anybody help me and recommend some quality receivers that will work with my other equipment? Is the amplifier and speakers worth keeping? If not, I can spend up to AU$500 but I would rather work with the equipment that I already have as it is not broken and works fine. If you please, what I would like the new receiver to have:

Play CDs

EQ (If the KRX-693 absolutely needs to go)

Auxillary input (I would like this, but it's not essential)

I thank you for your time and consideration and any advice given would be appreciated greatly! *biggrin*

Hi and welcome

Are you able to let us know what your budget is? and is it an all in one system you're after?

Mac

www.masmusic.blogbubble.net

omfggrenade

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
My budget is around $500 Australian dollars. I would rather buy a higher quality receiver because I still have my amplifier and speakers which work perfectly and are of excellent condition.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts