help with Qed digital audio coaxil interconect

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all,I have been reading reviews on this cable and it looks interesting, so i was wondering if it would fit my system? i have got a sony dav s800 getting on a bit like me and a lady who is not very tec! so dont laugh, on the rear panel of the amp there are these connections. Video 1 jacks, video 2 jacks, digital in(optical), digital out(optical) monitor out(video/s video) dont understand what any of them are for ,so would i be able to use a digital audio coaxil cable in my system? I bet all you hi fi people are falling about laughing. happy days tinytots

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
What are you trying to connect? Your h/c system doesn't have a digital coax input so it won't be any use I'm afraid. For what it's worth, I do not agree with spending ££'s on digital coax anyway (or optical for that matter) and have got perfectly good results using £10 profigold digi-coax cables and £5 Fisual Pro optical ones which are just as good as the more exotic ones I have in my system.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi tinytots first of all nobody's laughing at you, on the back of the amp there are a lot more connections than you will need they are only there should you need them, (most of the time they are left unused), for eg. if your tv has digital out (optical) then you would need a optical cable going from your tv to the digital in (optical) on your amp, so you can hear the sound of your tv through your amp, it dosen't have to be a tv it could be cd player for eg. There are two types of digital cable optical & coaxal.

Another eg. my blu-ray player has HDMI out it goes to the HDMI in on my amp then HDMI out on my amp to the HDMI in on my tv.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

hi, thanks for advice, i was thinking of connecting my tv to my amp.when you read the spec on these cables they seem like the best ever.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Right your tv should have either digital out (optical) or red & white rca phono connections.
If it has a optical connection just connect to the digital in (optical) on your amp, you may have to go through the menu in your amp to assign it.
If your tv has red & white phono connections just run a cable to the appropiate connections on the amp.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts