Help with Onkyo 605 set-up - please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have just finished setting up my home cinema and am well chuffed with the results. The Onkyo is great sounding and brings the best out of my Tannoy efx 5.1 speakers. The problem I have is the automated mike setup tries to see the side rear surrounds (which I dont have) and will not continue with the set up of the 2 rears and sub. It "sees" all 3 fronts but just won't finish the setup. Help

A

Anonymous

In a 5.1 sytem the auto set up will recognize the two rears as 'surround left & surround right' i.e. the two speakers at the sides. It will only recognize the rear surround left and right in a 7.1 system. So by the sounds of it the auto mic is working correctly if it is as you explain.
Re: the sub. Is it definitely switched on? and/or volume up?

A

Anonymous

Thanks Strodo. Will the sub level make any difference? I have tried the volume up and down but will try again. The set up seems just not to see the rears? They do work because i have listened to amovie and there was sound coming out of them. Any other ideas?

A

Anonymous

how long have you left it for it to detect whether there is any surround spearkers? As on my setup it will go thru all speakers, wait a while on the missing speaker then move to the next one.
maybe worth giving it another shot? I dont think the sub volume would make any diff to detecting the side speakers

A

Anonymous

The set up on the onkyo goes from speaker to speaker and seems to stop at one when it can't hear it. As mentioned it see's the fronts but not the rears and seems to stop at the "side"rear right. Weird

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts