Help with ebay purchase - Mission mid bass driver

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Well chuffed - been searching for one of these for ages now and just bought one for £26 from fleabay (plus tenner postage).

Question is - how do I replace the broken one my 1 year old took a liking too ?

Hope its easy because I am useless at DIY !

I am struggling at the first hurdle - how on earth do I get the broken one out ? Looks like I need an allen key as no screws in sight. Yes, I really am this clueless but hey how hard can it be ?

Will I need to solder ?

Please help.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
psurquhart said:
Well chuffed - been searching for one of these for ages now and just bought one for £26 from fleabay (plus tenner postage). Question is - how do I replace the broken one my 1 year old took a liking too ? Hope its easy because I am useless at DIY ! I am struggling at the first hurdle - how on earth do I get the broken one out ? Looks like I need an allen key as no screws in sight. Yes, I really am this clueless but hey how hard can it be ? Will I need to solder ? Please help.

In my excitement - forgot to say - its a Mission 752 freedom speaker I am trying to sort.

Many thanks if you reply.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Got a reply from seller who thinks they are torx headed scews to remove.

Any ideas anyone ? What will I need and where do I get a torx headed screwdriver if that is correct ?

Plus, I have never soldered anything but might have a friend who can.

Definitly need help here please.

And what about polarity of cables ???????

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
You may find that a cheap socket-driver set will do the job. Get them from any DIY shop- useful things to have kicking about in any case.

The process is surprisingly simple- remove screws, gently prise out the driver (it's common for them to stick a bit) and depending on how the driver is wired, you may just have to pull off the spade connectors, or snip or de-solder the joint.

If you have spade plugs, they are usually different sizes- this sorts the polarity. Otherwise, jot down which colour is postive- this should be marked on the driver terminals somewhere.

Obviously, spades are great. But my 753's drivers were soldered so I think yours will be too.

I'd offer to help if you're anywhere near Bath...

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Dougal1331 said:
You may find that a cheap socket-driver set will do the job. Get them from any DIY shop- useful things to have kicking about in any case.

The process is surprisingly simple- remove screws, gently prise out the driver (it's common for them to stick a bit) and depending on how the driver is wired, you may just have to pull off the spade connectors, or snip or de-solder the joint.

If you have spade plugs, they are usually different sizes- this sorts the polarity. Otherwise, jot down which colour is postive- this should be marked on the driver terminals somewhere.

Obviously, spades are great. But my 753's drivers were soldered so I think yours will be too.

I'd offer to help if you're anywhere near Bath...

Thanks for this advice - really appreciate it.

Im in Kent so grateful for the offer of help but no intentions to travel to Bath just yet (although it is lovely there).

Will await for the driver to arrive and have a look. I am told by the seller that it will be a soldering job, time to call that friend me thinks.

Cheers Dougal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts