Help with CD Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My current set-up: Nad s100 pre-amplifier, NAD S200 amplifier (silver line) B&W 704 speakers.

I am currently using my old  Marantz CD 6000 OSE KI Signature  as a CD Player, I am afraid that it is not good enough for the rest of the kit. Would you upgrade to a Cyrus CD6SE or rega apollo or something else? or I wouldn't be able to tell the difference?

Thanks for your help 

A

Anonymous

What is it about your player you,re unhappy with,mine is not the KI version but suits my tastes and i think i,d have to spend a lot of bucks to better it.Sometimes i find when you upgrade you get a different sound which gives a wow factor for a while till you get accustomed to that new sound,then realise its different but not better if you get my drift.

Is there something you,re after specifically ie more bass,better deffinition,not pacey enough etc.Only you can answer that because you dont give much info in your post what sort of sound you,re looking for.

Me personally think you,ve got a cracking player there. imho.

T

the record spot

Good player, but the Silverline series is high end stuff IMO - it could take a better player that the 6000KI (and I'm a big Marantz fan). Shortlist a few and try to have a listen to some before you decide.

A

Anonymous

Thanks to both of you for your replys.

Don't get me wrong. I love my KI it is a great player and love the way it sounds and the way my whole system sounds (I feel privileged), my concern is that the silverline and speakers are (at least in paper) way above the KI and I am perhaps underutilizing them because the player is not up to the task, as always you are looking for the best sound you can get.

I would be interested in knowing which CD players could be better leveled with the rest of the system in order to get the most out of it (any ideas?).

Thanks again

(I am a big marantz fan too)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts