Help to choose my first speakers

asiermv

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'm configuring my first hifi system in my 12 m2 room. I have an ONKYO av receptor tx-sr603,

that somebody has given to me for free, so I want to set it as stereo and use it as amplifier for my system.

I'm trying to choose my speakers and I would like to have some help. By now, this are my options:

Monitor Audio bronze BX2. 295€ in an outlet budget.

Rega rs1 for 425 also with some discount applied.

KEF Q300 or KEF Q100 for 540€ or 400€.

i was expecting to spend about 400€ but I can go a little bit more up if it worths it.

I listen many kinds of music but I specially like indie rock, electronic, reggae, and trip hop. Also I'll use it for movies in my tv.

Im open to any suggestion you can offer to me!!

thank you very much!!

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have used Quad 11L speakers with an Onkyo 905 before for films etc using a sub for the explosions etc they were fine with music too, you can get them for less than 400 euro if you look. Mine are a few years old now so not sure how they measure up to the new speakers on the block !!

Tommo

asiermv

May 13, 2013
Visit site
well, I don't have many references for QUAD 11L.... so, if nobody gives me any other advise about the options I've purposed, I think i'll get the MA BX2, because the price is good.....

Please any other advise????????

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
MA Bronze BX2 are very good speakers. I owned the RX1 Silver series for a while. Nice tight smooth sound if a little polite. Very good bass but too much for me as they were in room corners.

The Dali Lektor 2 for around £249 imho is the best standmount for the money.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Personally I would go for the MA BX2 with that amp!

And they are a good price!

Rega RS1 are truly lovely musical speakers, but with your music tastes the BX2 will be more suited!

Get them on solid stands with some some decent copper (van damme) cable and Enjoy!

asiermv

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the advises. I'm going to buy the MA BX2!

I was planing to fix them to the wall, do you think that I'll get the same result as if I put them on stands?? I've read that this pair work well near to the walls.

Do you know if are very picky with the position?? I like to listen my music in more than one place in my room: sofa for tv and chair for studing and computer.....

Thank you one more time

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts