Help needed with M-dac

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Just set up my M-dac and its only playing from right hand channel. Checked all the cables, more than once and even tired using some spare cables i have but still have the same problem. The problem does not seem to be with the amp (K2) as when i conect the cd player sound comes from both channels.

I have updated the firmware but still no luck any advice would be great!

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi & welcome to the forum. The M-DAC did have a few issues where the earthing connection came away from the back panel on the output RCA sockets when the cable was pulled out which could cause one channel to die. However, sounds like you have a faulty unit that should be returned for replacement. The designer, John Westlake does post regularly on the Pink Fish Media forum - just scroll down to the main M-DAC thread - he has the reputation for being extremely helpful & dedicated to after-sales well beyond the call of duty.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think there were problems with the relays too, have you plugged a pair of headphones in to see if you get sound from them ?

Plugging them in and out will also flick the relays on and off.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
eggontoast said:
I think there were problems with the relays too, have you plugged a pair of headphones in to see if you get sound from them ?

Plugging them in and out will also flick the relays on and off.

Good call!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts