Help, need advice on turntable setup

first of all sorry for my english

i just need some advice on buying the correct setup for a turtable.

after a little research on the web y read about good turntables for my budget, so i finally decided to give a try to the Pro-ject Debut Carbon, but my struggle is that i dont know wich stereo receiber y should buy so i was thinking about this one; Onkyo A-9010 Integrated Stereo Amplifier

i already have some speakers but i think i would rather use my turtable with headpohones ( i got some AKGs), so what do you think? i am willing spend 400$ on a amp or receiver but i am open to suggestions and i dont know if i will need a pre amp to, so please help me.

basically my set up is; Pro-ject Debut Carbon, Onkyo A-9010 Integrated Stereo Amplifier, AKG Q701

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello Henry, the Onkyo does have a turntable input, Google pictures of the back of it and the turntable input is clearly marked 'Phono (MM)', so any turntable you buy with a MM cartridge (including the Pro-Ject) will plug straight in.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello again Henry, I haven't heard it so I can't comment. It got a five star review here in What HiFi though, so that's a good sign:

<Link linky>

I haven't read the review so I don't know if they specifically tested the headphone output. But I wouldn't expect it to be poor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts