Help choosing amplifier?

baldbeats

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a Linn Sondek Lp 12 with Lingo p.s.u. and Celestion Ditton 66's speakers, currently using a Sansui au 666. Could you reccomend another amplifier that would improve the current set up. Thanks

If you can have a listen to the Pioneer A50, RicherSounds stock them at a very reduced price.

Heard one at the weekend and it certainly is a lot of amp for the money.

I assume you have a moving magnet type cartridge? If you do the A50 has an inbuilt mm phono stage.

Go audition. :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
baldbeats said:
£500 budget i listen to jazz & classical lp's.

This is a difficult one to answer.
I think I would get your wonderful classic amp serviced, especially if you like the sound you have.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am not going to be much help in your choice but I would agree going used. I have gone through a few amps with my Ariston and my current Exposure was £230 and sounds fantastic.
I have tried various others but you can get a top of the range amp from 10 years ago for a fraction of the price and it will really make your LP12 shine.

I don't know about your speakers as to what would be a good match but if you don't mind trading you can try two amps see which you prefer sell one and try another until you find which one is right for you and all the demo's are done in your room and at your leisure.

Sorry not much help. good luck and have fun.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts