Hello to all of you, experts ...

chacoux

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Just discovered the site with great information.

As I am asking myself lots of questions about DAC's, Soundcards, ... I am sure your advices will be very helpfull.

My Hifi system is rather old but good enough for me (Luxman M-02, Luxman CL-350, Celestion Ditton 66 Studio Monitor, Kenwood DP-990SG, Sennheiser HD 595, and other stuff more simple).

Very much of my music is encoded (lossless, lossy, ...) I am trying to find the best way to deliver good signal to my analog system.

I will be back after some reading through the forums.

Regards

jjbomber

Depends where the files are held and how much you want to spend. If the files are held on a PC/Laptop, the a simple 3.5mm to 2 phono lead from the computer headphone socket to a line in of the pre-amp will do the job. You could use a bluetooth adapter on the computer and something like a QED oplay to link to the pre-amp.

chacoux

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I will post more precise questions in the right topic but here's an introduction:

Files are held in a PC.

For the moment I use the Analog output of my soundcard which is a ESI Maya 44 PCI with a jack to RCA cable.

The Phone output of the Maya is good enough for the moment.

I was wondering if it would great improvement to pick up digital signal from S/PDIF or optical output of the sound card.

Send it to a DAC than to the preamp.

I suppose it depends on the quality of the DAC I choose???

In all cases, I'd like to have at least two inputs (coax) on the DAC so I can also pick up the digital output of the CD player (Kenwood).

Regards

78records

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
'My Hifi system is rather old but good enough for me (Luxman M-02, Luxman CL-350, Celestion Ditton 66 Studio Monitor, Kenwood DP-990SG, Sennheiser HD 595, and other stuff more simple).'
ah very good!'For the moment I use the Analog output of my soundcard which is a ESI Maya 44 PCI with a jack to RCA cable.'Ah no lost me now

chacoux

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello 78records...

Sorry but I don't understand the end of your reply "Ah no lost me now".

I am not lauhging at you. It's just that I am not native english speaker.

Do you mean it is a very bad way to connect the PC to the HiFi system?

Regards

jjbomber

How much money were you looking to spend? As you are also looking to upgrade your cd listening, one option may be an Audiolab 8200CD, which is both a CD player and DAC in one. That is £800 in the UK, not sure where you live. A cheaper option would be an Arcam, would suit your needs. There have quite a range to suit depending how much you want to spend.

chacoux

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't use CD player very often so I intend to buy only a DAC.

I almost use only PC as a source.

I am going to search through the site some informations about DAC and I will post again in an appropriate topic

my next questions.

Thank you anyway for your advices so far.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts