admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everybody, I'm a 51 year old fireman from the Dallas area. I have always been an audio enthusiast and with technological changes have become interested in all things digital media. I have a mancave upstairs in my home with a 58" Panasonic plasma 1080P a Sunfire amp 5x200 WPC coupled with an Emotiva pre/pro. I have run CAT 6 cable from my W7 64 bit PC to the mancave A/V center through a Boxee Box, as well as downstairs to a LCD bigscreen there. I have a 2 Tb internal HDD in the PC with all my media and in the mancave I have a Boxee Box media player and downstairs I have a WD TV Live Plus HD unit. The WD unit is about to be thrown out the window because it is incredibly tempremental and for whatever reason plays content from my network (my W7 PC) one day and then cant connect the next day. I like the Boxee Box as it plays pretty much everything under the sun and stays connected. I am looking for something a little more stylish though, something that can run XBMC. I am not interested in developing a HTPC but rather am looking for an out of the box answer. I tried configuring my W7 PC with XBMC and for the most part got it to kinda work but the remote control alternatives just made the whole effort too frustrating. I regularly visit: http://www.iboum.com/net-media-players.php To look at media players and have considered the Xtremer Ultra:http://www.iboum.com/pr/xtultra.php but have concerns. Can somebody recommend a player that comes with XBMC out of the box that can be networked with my PC?

big1986ben

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I understand you can install XBMC on a Apple tv. They have got it all running on a rasberry Pi as well. Just download it put it on a SD card and your done.

A

Anonymous

The Raspberry Pi seems quite incredible.

Remote control solutions for such a setup? I'm thinking of the wife and the need to keep the system pretty simple, shes absolutely a non-techie and would need a simple remote. The lack of a good remote to interface with my W7 64 bit PC running XBMC was what killed that project for me.

I'll continue to investigate, but thanks so much for pointing this out, quite extraordinary

A

Anonymous

Chebby,

One major downside of an upstairs mancave is accessibilty for the wife. I might prefer a shed some times. Of course as she's shouting up the stairs theres always the beauty of 1000 watts of sound to drown her out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts