Headphones - where do I start?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My other half is always complaining about the rubbish tv that's on the box and would like to be able to shut out the noise when listening to the stereo. Can anybody recommend any that are good for under £100 or is that not likely? I have looked into some Bose in ear ones, but I know the popular choice would be on ear.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones look about the ticket - £100, closed-back with very good exclusion of outside sound and fine-sounding, too.

Wouldn't bother with noise-cancelling headphones - they're best with steady-state noise such as plane engines, etc., rather than the sound from your TV.

A

Anonymous

you should be able to pick up some used Gardo SR125's for that money. Although they dont exclude outside noise they have detail to die for at this price point and i am still very much in love with mine!

A

Anonymous

sorry andrew but his post is not very well worded... i cant tell wether he is saying his wife doesnt want to be able to hear the rubbish on tv whilst she is listening to the stereo or wether he wants headphones so his wife doesnt have to listen to what he is watching on TV or listening to on the stereo. Surely as an editor you are aware of most people poor grasp of the english language...

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew and sorry about the lack of clarity in my original post, though you did understand it
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

p.s. I'm a little confused by the other persons message. And their poor grasp of the english language - isn't spellcheck standard for those who can't spell?

A

Anonymous

ps. like i said MOST PEOPLE have a poor grasp of the english language - i include myself in that group . im sorry but your original post was rather ambiguous... next time i wont bother trying to help you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts