headphone-hard of hearing

jackteet

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
Hi, My 10 year old smasung tv is showing its age so I shall replace with a new Samsung or Hisense tv. Both will have Bluetooth.
I have an 11year old pair of sony headphones which connect to my tv with 3.5mm jack plug. I assume tv`s no longer have this connectivity and instead use bluetooth.
I want to purchase a new pair of over the ear, wifi, re-chargeable bluetooth h/phones. cost about £80 tp £100.
The new h/phones need to be able to mute the tv so all sound comes through the h/phones and also to change so that the sound can come through the h/phones and the tv speakers simultaneously [ however that is done]
I have not the foggiest idea how all of this works but hopefully it will.
Will a kind person please reco a pair of h/phones for me please. TIA.

Gray

Hi, My 10 year old smasung tv is showing its age so I shall replace with a new Samsung or Hisense tv. Both will have Bluetooth.
I have an 11year old pair of sony headphones which connect to my tv with 3.5mm jack plug. I assume tv`s no longer have this connectivity and instead use bluetooth.
I want to purchase a new pair of over the ear, wifi, re-chargeable bluetooth h/phones. cost about £80 tp £100.
The new h/phones need to be able to mute the tv so all sound comes through the h/phones and also to change so that the sound can come through the h/phones and the tv speakers simultaneously [ however that is done]
I have not the foggiest idea how all of this works but hopefully it will.
Will a kind person please reco a pair of h/phones for me please. TIA.
I reckon new TVs will still have 3.5mm sockets.
Very few (if any) will have their own Bluetooth transmitter.

If I were you l, I'd be happy to use the old Sony wired headphones.
(If necessary, with an unobtrusive* extension cable around skirting boards / over doors from the TV to behind the listening position).

*Honestly, you don't even know it's there.

Reactions: DougK1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts