Headphone box??

A

Anonymous

I'm going to get a Project Headbox MK.II for xmas, so I'll tell you how that sounds with my new Sennheiser HD600s next week compared to my Arcam's.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Hughes123:I'm going to get a Project Headbox MK.II for xmas, so I'll tell you how that sounds with my new Sennheiser HD600s next week compared to my Arcam's.

what happened to your Grado GS1000s?

A

Anonymous

matengawhat:Hughes123:I'm going to get a Project Headbox MK.II for xmas, so I'll tell you how that sounds with my new Sennheiser HD600s next week compared to my Arcam's.

what happened to your Grado GS1000s?

I sold them to my dealer for £800 - not bad considering I only paid a bit more than that! They were awsome, there's no denying that, but I couldn't help feeling that I was paying money for something which I didn't have good enough sources for or a good enough amplifier for. Add that to the fact people were complaining they were loud outside the headphones and I felt that I was wasting my money. Don't get me wrong, they were awsome, but I need to spend money elsewhere in lenses for camera, flash, repairing car, my vintage audio ebay site (which i'm setting up soon) and lots more. The Sennheisers are amazing for the price and because I felt guilty about the GS1000s, I don't regret selling them.

You may be assured the Grado SR60 headphones will work extremely well with your Arcam A65 amp. The latter having quite a decent headphone output.

Not surprisingly, if you add a high quality dedicated headphone amp at a later stage, they will then sound even better
emotion-2.gif

Best regards,

Steve Reichert, PR Manager - Armour Home (Grado)

A

Anonymous

Hughes123:I'm going to get a Project Headbox MK.II for xmas, so I'll tell you how that sounds with my new Sennheiser HD600s next week compared to my Arcam's.

What happened to your X-can v8 headphone amp?ÿ

Steve Reichert PR Manager ArmourHome:

You may be assured the Grado SR60 headphones will work extremely well with your Arcam A65 amp. The latter having quite a decent headphone output.

Not surprisingly, if you add a high quality dedicated headphone amp at a later stage, they will then sound even better
emotion-2.gif

Best regards,

Steve Reichert, PR Manager - Armour Home (Grado)

Ta! very interesting. I try and save some pennies and see what's on offer in the January sales.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i just ordered a pair of sennheiser hd650 off play - £170.99 with 5% discount - think these still retail for near £250 in most places so thought a bargain. A head phone amp will be next on my list in the new year - so let me know how you get on

A

Anonymous

griffy:

What happened to your X-can v8 headphone amp?ÿ

I put that on my signature because I presumed I was going to buy one when I collcted my HD600s, but when I got there, apparently they had sold out and were waiting three weeks before they were coming back in which would be after Christmas, so I thought well "no X-Can for X-Mas"...I'll just get a Project headphone amp. Awsome sound quality though, I really mean awsome! Far, far, far better than the one on my amplifier currently!

A

Anonymous

matengawhat:i just ordered a pair of sennheiser hd650 off play - £170.99 with 5% discount - think these still retail for near £250 in most places so thought a bargain. A head phone amp will be next on my list in the new year - so let me know how you get on

Nice headphones! Good choice! They have a very neutral sound and have a lovely bass - I'd love to know how you get on! My HD600s apparently don't have a rolled off treble like the HD650s (but not as good elsewhere) so I went for the 600s eventually as they are a bit cheaper and I like the design better.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin:Somebody commented the other night: "Get some decent headphones!" So I was wondering whether the Grado SR60's would sound pukka plugged directly into my A65 or would they benefit from an additional box?

My SR125s sound great off my A65+. I don't doubt a headphone amp would be better still, but I ain't gonna buy something that's not req'd (IMO).

Big Chris:plastic penguin:Somebody commented the other night: "Get some decent headphones!" So I was wondering whether the Grado SR60's would sound pukka plugged directly into my A65 or would they benefit from an additional box? My SR125s sound great off my A65+. I don't doubt a headphone amp would be better still, but I ain't gonna buy something that's not req'd (IMO).

Thanks BC. However I fear the SR125's are way over budget.

A

Anonymous

Try eBay, plenty of new Grados listed. Its possible to get 125s for about £100.

I managed to get a new pair of RS-1's shipped over from the US for just over half of the amount they sell for on Amazon UK and I had them in a couple of days!!! Very pleased ... just need to get myself a headphone amp as the DAC-XP doesn't have an integrated one.

Grimaldi:Try eBay, plenty of new Grados listed. Its possible to get 125s for about £100. I managed to get a new pair of RS-1's shipped over from the US for just over half of the amount they sell for on Amazon UK and I had them in a couple of days!!! Very pleased ... just need to get myself a headphone amp as the DAC-XP doesn't have an integrated one.

Hadn't thought about ebay - I'll have a butchers later. . .thanks.

A

Anonymous

My tuppence worth: the Project Headbox offers little, if any, improvement over the headphone out on my Marantz PM6002 with Grado SR60s. If you're considering buying a dedicated headphone amp, I think it might be worth spending a bit more, and also worth carting your amp to the dealers for purposes of comparison.

A

Anonymous

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering how a 15/16 year old schoolboy can afford to be buying such expensive hi-fi all the time?

Hughes123:
I sold them to my dealer for £800 - not bad considering I only paid a bit more than that!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts