Headphone amp

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Santa very kindly brought me some Grado S60I headphones, now all I need now is a dedicated amp to do them justice.

Nice though it would be, don't really want to spend silly money on a Sugden... would appreciate any suggestions.

The ones I've briefly looked at are Graham Slee Novo and the Lehmann Rhinelander.

The other thing is, I have no experience with these pieces of kit and have no idea how to integrate it into my existing system, so any pointers would also be much appreciated.

Mac

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi Mac, I own a Grado sr60i too. I've also heard the Slee Novo with an AKG K702, it has adequate gain to drive those and should be no problem for your Grados. It sounds very neutral and will let you hear your Grados the way they were meant to be heard. I'm just a bit concerned about the treble, do you think that you need an amp to tone it down a notch? The Slee might just increase it by a degree but I suppose if you are using your cdp as the source then it should be fine.

Regards,

Shafin

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Macspur said:
The ones I've briefly looked at are Graham Slee Novo and the Lehmann Rhinelander.

The other thing is, I have no experience with these pieces of kit and have no idea how to integrate it into my existing system, so any pointers would also be much appreciated.

Mac

If you jump to the Graham Slee website and join the owners club forum you can arrange a 2 week home loan of the Novo and get useful advice from current owners.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies... yes I thought the treble a touch on the bright side, but not painfully so, overall very pleased with the Grados.

I will check out the Graham Slee website.

Mac

TRENDING THREADS